We diagnose and treat patients with immune system disorders.
Immunology is the study of all aspects of the immune system. It deals with things like:
- physiological functioning of the immune system in health and disease
- malfunctions of the immune system in immunological disorders
- physical, chemical and physiological characteristics of the immune system.
A healthy immune system defends the body against disease and infection.
What we do
We provide a high quality immunochemistry service to diagnose and monitor patients with:
- primary (genetic) and secondary (environmental) immunodeficiencies such as HIV
- lymphoproliferative disorders, for example, certain types of leukemia and lymphomas
- monoclonal gammopathies, for example multiple myeloma
- chronic infections.
We also offer a full range of diagnostic autoantibody tests diagnose:
- rheumatoid disease
- chronic renal and lung disease
- neurological syndromes and bowel disorders.
Our team provides a responsive service for allergy testing. We manage all requests for lymphocyte markers and functional cellular assays, along with sample collection for cryoglobulin detection.
Laboratory opening times
Our laboratory opens 5 days a week from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.