This specialist team includes a Nutrition Nurse Lead and PEG specialist nurse who:
- Provide general nutrition support
- Support patients in our community working in partnership with community nurses, patients and carers
- Assess nutritional needs and treatment requirements.
- Provide advanced technical skills in relation to naso-gastric feeding, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy, Radiologically Inserted Gastrostomy and Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters.
- Provide specific training for nurses, patients and carers
The team also
- Provides nutrition education and training for healthcare colleagues
- Develops safe and practical nursing techniques with respect to nutrition policy through research and audit
- Advises on Trust nutrition policies and strategies including issues regarding risk management and ethical decision making
- Links with specialist units to foster good nutritional care.
- Advises on and assists in the procurement of equipment