Pre-operative questionnaire online
All patients must complete a pre-operative questionnaire before surgery can go ahead. The questionnaire assesses if you are ok to proceed with surgery.
Information about the online pre-operative questionnaire
Some patients may be asked to complete this questionnaire online via a secure web-based programme called, Synopsis Home.
- Completing the questionnaire online allows the pre-operative assessment team to review and decide what tests you may need prior to your operation. Completing it quickly online and answering all the questions may speed up the time to surgery.
- The questionnaire is available for you to complete as soon as you have finished your face–to-face consultation in the Outpatient Department. The outpatient team will be able to assist you in filling in the questionnaire should you need help. They can assist you to do this on a device after your consultation or you can opt to complete the assessment at home.
- If you had a telephone or video appointment instead, you will receive a text message with a link to complete the health questionnaire on the Synopsis Home website within a few days of your appointment having taken place.
How do I complete my health questionnaire online via the Synopsis Home system?
It is easy to self-register with Synopsis Home. Please go to the website: www.synopsishome.com/login
- To register, click on the ‘Sign Up’ box and begin by filling in your name and NHS number when prompted.
- This will give you access to the health questionnaire. This will take about 15 minutes to complete. You will need your height, weight, blood pressure (BP) and name with dose of all medication you currently take.
- You can then choose to complete the health questionnaire at a time that is convenient for you. Please answer all the questions with as much detail as possible.
- When you have answered all the questions, you will be asked to share this with the hospital by clicking on the SHARE
- When sharing with the hospital, begin to typing ‘Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust’ in the ‘Hospital’ box and select ‘Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust’ when it appears in the list.
- You will also need to enter your NHS number which should be visible on your previous hospital letters. (If you don’t know your NHS number it will be on the letter you will be sent following your last hospital appointment – it should arrive within a week of the appointment. Or, if you have downloaded the NHS App to your smart phone, you will find it on there).
- Once completed, the questionnaire is shared directly with the hospital. Your data can only be viewed by the hospital.
What happens after completing synopsis home?
- You will receive a confirmation email once your healthcare questionnaire has been completed and submitted.
- There is nothing more you need to do at this stage.
- Once the pre-operative assessment team has reviewed your health questionnaire you will either:
- be asked to wait for a date to be booked in for your operation/procedure; or
- the pre-operative assessment team may contact you for further information or to arrange more investigations; or
- you may be invited for a face-to-face appointment in the pre-operative assessment department.