We look after patients with colorectal conditions.
Coloproctology deals with the investigation, diagnosis and treatment of all aspects of colorectal conditions. These include problems you might have with your colon, bowel, rectum and appendix.
We have specific expertise in managing:
- colorectal cancer
- inflammatory bowel disease (crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- diverticular disease
- colorectal (bowel) polyps
- functional bowel disorder (constipation, incontinence, obstructed defecation)
- anorectal conditions including haemorrhoids (piles)
- anal fissures, anal fistulas and rectal prolapses.
We also provide investigations for bowel symptoms including colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. We offer outpatient treatments for some patients with haemorrhoids.
Outpatient consultations take place at Wycombe Hospital, Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Amersham Hospital.
We have a particular interest in performing laparoscopic colorectal surgery. Combined with an enhanced-recovery programme, patients experience less pain following surgery with a short hospital stay.