Adult community healthcare
Who we are
Our Adult Community Healthcare team provide nursing support to patients in Buckinghamshire.
We cover 7 areas and our team includes:
- specialist district nurses
- community nurses
- assistant ptactitioners
- community healthcare assistants
- dedicated area admin team.
What we do
Our services include:
- nursing care
- end of life care
- continence care
- wound care including pressure and leg ulcers
- help with long-term conditions including respiratory, diabetes and heart failure.
Who is the service for?
It’s for patients who are housebound and over the age of 18. We see patients in their own home or in care homes.
We promote independence where possible, for example, teaching patients how to administer their own insulin and check their blood sugar levels.
When is the service available?
24 hours a day. Our night service is for emergencies only and the small team on duty covers the whole county.