Trust AGM and Open Day this weekend
Everyone is invited to our open day and Annual General Meeting (AGM) at Stoke Mandeville Hospital on Saturday 29 July from 10am to 2pm.
It will be a celebration of 75 years of the NHS as well as a chance to learn more about the services our Trust provides. There will be plenty of food and fun including performances and activities you can get involved with.
As well as a live jazz band to keep you entertained there will be demonstrations by our hospital and community doctors, nurses, therapists and other healthcare professionals.
Please come along and bring your family and friends to enjoy a great day.
Go on a behind the scenes tour
Book your place on a tour on the day to find out more about the areas of the hospital not usually open to the public:
- Learn about the work of our mortuary team on a tour around our on site facilities
- Get a close up look at our surgical theatres and learn about the work of our surgeons and theatre teams
- Take a look around our state of the art Upper Limb Suite in our National Spinal Injuries Centre
- View the peaceful space – Horatio’s Garden – within our National Spinal Injuries Centre
- Learn more about the training clinical teams undertake in our simulation suite
Please note: there will be a few places available to book on Saturday – but please book your place early to avoid disappointment.
Thinking about a future in healthcare?
Are you a young person looking to discover careers in healthcare, a career changer looking for a new role or a qualified clinical practitioner looking to return to practice?
Come along to the careers fair and listen to talks covering the main different roles available at the Trust: explore career opportunities in healthcare.
Younger children will get a chance to explore first responder vehicles (ambulances and fire engines!).
Annual General Meeting
The Trust Annual General Meeting (at 10.15am) is an opportunity to hear from our Trust Board of Directors about the work of the Trust over the last year and find out about plans for the future of healthcare in Buckinghamshire.
Take a look around our information stalls
Chat with representatives from the following areas:
- Later Life Well Being
- Community Head Injury Service
- Live Well Stay well
- Florence Nightingale Hospice
- Sexual Health Team
- Acute Stroke Service
- Critical Care Outreach & Resus team
- Burns Unit
- Cancer Care & Haematology Unit Specialist Services
- Research and Innovation
- BHT Voluntary Services
- Charitable funds
Enjoy the entertainment and refreshments
Enjoy performances from local Jazz Band, Rock Choir, Castielli School of Dance and Sesha Natya Niketan Indian Dance Group
And if you’re hungry there are plenty of options including a Street Food Van, Pizza/Pasta Van and a Scannapeal tea tent
In addition FREE parking will be available on site in the usual public car parks.
Programme for the day
- 10am – Tours start – to book please go to the Tour Desk
- 10.15am – Annual General Meeting starts – Floyd Auditorium
- 10.45am – Aylesbury Rock Choir
- 11am – Health & Social Careers fair and talks – Floyd Auditorium
- 11.15am – Sesha Natya Niketan Dance Group
- 11.30am – PMJ Jazz Band
- 12.15pm – Castielli School of Dance
- 12.45pm – PMJ Jazz Band
- 2pm – Open Day closes
Map of Stoke Mandeville Hospital site showing the location for the Open Day in our Post Graduate Education Centre: