Bank Holiday pharmacy opening hours over the festive period
With so many winter illnesses around you may need to get to a pharmacy over the Christmas and New Year holidays to buy cough and cold remedies or to get a prescription.
The details are correct at the time of publishing but are subject to change. You are advised to contact the pharmacy before attending to ensure they are open and have the medication you need.
But it’s always better to be prepared for winter illnesses, so some useful additions to a home medicine cabinet could include:
- Paracetamol and aspirin, and equivalent syrups (such as Calpol) for children
- Mild laxatives to relieve constipation
- Rehydration mixtures for diarrhoea or vomiting
- Indigestion remedies
- Tweezers and sharp scissors to remove splinters or cut bandages
- A thermometer to check for fever
- A range of bandages, plasters, non-absorbent cotton wool, elastic bandages and dressings for minor cuts, sprains and bruises
If you are still not sure what health service option to use, and it is not an emergency, please visit 111.nhs.uk for advice.