BHT Strategy 2025
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust (BHT) is proud to unveil its exciting new vision to deliver outstanding care, healthy communities and a great place to work.
The healthcare needs of our communities are changing and the solutions to the challenges of keeping people healthy and well, as well as providing outstanding care for our patients will require us to transform the way we provide services.
We have spent the last year working with members of staff, thousands of patients, the public and our partners in health and social care to develop our plans for the future.
Our vision is to deliver:
· Outstanding care that is compassionate and inclusive and delivers the best possible outcomes in the most efficient way.
· Healthy Communities where we play our role in communities to support people to live independent healthy lives at home.
· A great place to work that is inclusive and compassionate. A workplace that learns and improves together and values the health and wellbeing of our colleagues because we know a happy, healthy workforce delivers the best care.
We are unique in the region, providing hospital services alongside community services and specialist services like the National Spinal Injuries Centre (NSIC). We are proud of our achievements.
In 2019 we were rated good (and outstanding for caring) by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Along with our partners in Buckinghamshire we were one of the first integrated Care Systems in England.
Now, as we emerge from the pandemic, we are focussed on the choices we believe will fulfil the changing needs of the population. We will do this by:
· Strengthening our emergency and critical care services.
· Separating emergency services from planned care services, to help us deliver routine care uninterrupted.
· Working with our local authority and GP partners and integrate community and social care services, making it easier for people to living with long-term conditions or frailty.
· Speeding up access to tests and test results and improve outcomes in major illnesses like cancer and cardiovascular disease.
· Building on the heritage of the Paralympics, bringing all therapy and neuro-rehabilitation services together to create a centre of excellence for rehabilitation at Stoke Mandeville.
All this is underpinned by an investment in our digital future, where more people are supported to have control over their health and we create new, modern, welcoming facilities and hospitals that meet the needs of the growing population of Buckinghamshire.
Read the new strategy online here , take a look at the summary, poster or interactive map and let us know what you think by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.