Judges received nearly 350 nominations, almost double the usual number.
A series of small, socially-distanced ceremonies were hosted at Wycombe Hospital with over 500 colleagues, friends and family sharing the day remotely through a livestream link – some as far away as Greece and Dubai.
Neil Macdonald, Chief Executive at the Trust, opened each ceremony and commented: “Extraordinary things have happened to us – and we responded in extraordinary ways, uniting as one team behind a single goal. I will never be able to thank my colleagues enough for what they have done.”
The Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT) team won the coveted Patient Choice Award, nominated by a grateful mum for making sure her daughter had constant access to life-saving intravenous antibiotics. She praised their “absolutely outstanding commitment which goes above and beyond. … When OPAT turns up it is a weight off her shoulders as she knows she is in very safe hands.”
Fittingly, the Acute Healthcare Award was shared jointly by Respiratory Physiotherapy, the Intensive Care Unit and the Respiratory team who all worked tirelessly during the pandemic, volunteering for extra hours and learning rapidly about new methods of treatments and drugs”.
1. Acute Healthcare Award: joint winners Respiratory Physiotherapy, the Intensive Care Unit and Respiratory
2. Awards given to individuals and teams who were leading examples of each of the Trust’s CARE (collaborate, aspire, respect, enable) values:
3. CEO Award for Leadership: Dr Charlotte Campbell, Respiratory
4. Chief Nurse’s One Team One Goal Nurse & Midwife Individual Award: Sarah Shipley, ICU Specialist Nurse
5. Chief Nurse’s 2020 Year of the Nurse & Midwife Team Award: Clinical Research & Innovation
6. Community Healthcare Team Award: Rapid Response Intermediate Care
7. Non-Clinical Service Award: Human Resources Best Practice Team
8. One Team One Goal Award: Microbiology Team
9. Partnership Working Award: Ben Chetland, Community Head Injury Service
10. Patient Choice Award: Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy team
11. You Made a Difference Award: The Day Team at Florence Nightingale House
12. Volunteer of the Year Award: shared by Reuben Gates and Tim Robathan
13. Plus CEO Awards for Outstanding Contribution during COVID-19: