Information for inpatient visitors
It is important that you read and understand the information below. You will be required to sign a copy of this document if you choose to visit the ward.
- Do you have a fever over 37.8C?
- Do you have a new and continuous cough?
- Have you lost your sense of taste and smell?
- Have you been asked to isolate due to contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has the above symptoms?
- Have you travelled abroad in the last 14 days?
If your answer to any of the questions above is yes, please do NOT visit.
All visitors are required to wear a fluid resistant surgical face mask in entrance to the hospital, and clean their hands on entering the hospital and clinical departments.
Please speak to the Nurse in charge or member of staff at the entrance to the ward on arrival.
Visits are not time limited, but you may be asked to bring your visit to an end if the number of visitors on the ward means required social distancing cannot be maintained
Please turn off the NHS COVID-19 Track and Trace app while visiting one of our sites
- One visitor per patient at each visit
- Clean your hands with hand sanitiser or soap and water regularly during your visit
- Wear a fluid resistant surgical face mask that covers your nose and mouth
On arrival, you will:
- Need to confirm that you are not currently self-isolating or shielding and that you have not been in contact with someone in the past 10 days who is suspected of having or is confirmed as having COVID 19
- Be asked to produce evidence of a negative lateral flow test if you have taken one in the last 72 hours (This is not compulsory, but we encourage visitors to take a lateral flow test before attending if they can)
- Need to wear a face mask at all times during the visiting period. You may be asked to wear additional protective garments by staff where needed
- Visitors are to remain in the area designated during the visiting period.
- Please do not sit on patient’s bed or visit other patients
- Adhere to hand hygiene recommendations and wash your hands on entering the ward area; and rub with alcohol-based gel when you leave the ward
- Ensure you only use toilet facilities that are provided for members of the public that are located off the ward
- Maintain the recommended social distancing requirements
- You will need to sign this form and provide your contact details so that we know you are present and can account for you in case of fire and the need to evacuate.
- If the fire alarm sounds, please follow instructions given by the ward staff. Do not attempt to leave the ward.
- We reserve the right to decline permission for partners or companions to visit the ward at these times or if there are significant concerns that will compromise the safety of patients and staff.
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust operates a zero-tolerance policy on violent, disruptive or aggressive behaviour. It is a criminal offence to cause a nuisance or disturbance on NHS premises.