Websites and apps to help with healthy eating and support weight loss:
Patient webinars Overview of Weight Management | patientwebinars.co.uk Recommended webinars on the dieting cycle, regular eating, triggers to eating, diet myths and balanced eating.
Change4life – Ideas, recipes and games for families to help them lose weight and be healthy. Also Change4life Food Scanner App to scan foods and see how many cubes of sugar or fat it contains.
NHS website The NHS website – NHS (www.nhs.uk) Lose weight- 12 week diet and exercise plan and weight management information. Also NHS Weight Loss plan App that includes a 12 week plan.
OneYou nhs.uk/oneyou – information on diet, drinking, sleep, stress and more.
NHS Food scanner app NHS Food Scanner app – Healthier Families – NHS (www.nhs.uk) -allows you to scan the barcodes of food and drink to identify sugar and fat content and suggests healthier alternatives.
Other on-line NHS endorsed weight management programmes Lose weight – Better Health – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Food and activity Trackers:
- Nutracheck App nutracheck.co.uk Allows you to record food intake and track exercise and can be used to follow a well balanced, lower carb, 5:2, higher protein, lower fat or lower sugar diet.
- Mynetdiary mynetdiary.com Log meals, exercise and weight. Bar code scanner.
- Drinkaware App drinkaware.co.uk Track and calculate units of alcohol drunk and calorie from alcohol.
Healthy Recipes ideas:
Physical Activity and Exercise:
Help with emotional or non-hungry eating:
- The diet trap: Feed your psychological needs and end the weight loss struggle using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy by Jason Lillis
- Overcoming weight problems by Jeremy Gauntlett-Gilbert & Clare Grace
- The Weight Escape: How to stop dieting and start living by Ann Bailey and Russ Harris
- 50 ways to soothe yourself without food by Susan Albers
Tuning into appetite and mindful eating:
- How to Retrain your Appetite by Dr Helen McCarthy
Structured weight loss programmes:
- Live Well Stay Well Coach livewellstaywellbucks.co.uk – access support for lifestyle change through speaking with a coach or accessing online digital tools.
- Individual appointments with a Registered Dietitian– ask your GP for a referral.