Other support available
- Birth Matters - A professional community of trained teachers in Berks and Bucks whose sole aim is to partner you along your journey to parenthood to ensure that you are fully informed and empowered and confident to make the best choices for you and your baby.
- National Childbirth Trust (NCT) - The NCT provides impartial information so that you can decide what’s best for your family, and can introduce parents to a network of local parents to gain practical and emotional support.
- Daisy Birthing™ – A gentle relaxed-active birthing concept incorporating yoga inspired but pregnancy relevant moves, breathing techniques, self-hypnosis, relaxations alongside active birth education helping you enjoy every step of your pregnancy whilst preparing for your positive birth.
- Approved by Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT)
- Incorporating pregnancy yoga, active birth, breathing and hypnosis
- Learn as you move, relax as you learn!
Multiples Pregnancy & Birth
- UK Local Twins Clubs - Local twins club that can provide a wealth of information for parents of twins.
- TAMBA – The Twins and Multiple Birth Association supports women and families who are expecting more than one baby.
- Twins UK - Dedicated to twins, triplets and multiple birth families throughout pregnancy and early years right through to adulthood. Twin Tips provides information on twin pregnancy & multiple birth, breastfeeding, parenting tips for twins & triplets, shopping guides & checklists to help you prepare for any eventuality.
Alternative therapies and support
- Aromatherapy Council - The aromatherapy council have been through several metamorphoses over the last 6 years, and have even established ourselves as the regulatory body for aromatherapy, but due to changes in the needs of regulation we have now reverted back to being the Lead or Governing Body for the UK aromatherapy profession.
- Bucks Pilates - Pilates trains your body to be strong, flexible and balanced. It involves a series of movements and positions that help to improve your strength and coordination. Deep breathing and relaxation are important in controlling how you do the exercises (Latey 2001, Levine et al 2007, Anderson & Spector 2000, Segal et al 2004).
- Doula UK - Doulas support women and their families during pregnancy, childbirth and early parenthood. This support is practical and emotional but non-medical in nature.
- British Acupuncture Council – The British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) is the leading self-regulatory body for the practice of traditional acupuncture in the UK.
- Hypnobirthing - A birth education programme that teaches simple but specific self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for a better birth.