Aylesbury labour ward
Our team of midwives, maternity support workers and medical staff (obstetricians, anaesthetists and paediatricians) offer support during labour and birth if you have an existing medical condition or have developed complications during your pregnancy.
We are committed to supporting you to achieve a safe and positive birth on our labour ward. All our rooms have ensuite facilities, labour and birth aids, access to pain relief of your preference. We also have a range of monitors to enable us to ensure the wellbeing of you and your baby whilst enabling you to move about the birth room.
The full range of pain relief is available to women on the labour ward including gas and air, pethidine and mobile epidurals.
We have disabled access to a number of our rooms and we work closely with the National Spinal Injuries Centre which is onsite. We also have larger rooms if you are expecting more than one baby.
Our labour ward sits alongside our two operating theatres and our neonatal intensive care unit, which provides specialist care for babies who need closer monitoring or additional support in the early days following birth.
We also have four observation rooms if you require additional care immediately after birth.
Tel: 01296 316103
Aylesbury labour ward, Claydon Wing, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Mandeville Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP21 8AL
How to find us
- The labour ward is located in the Claydon Wing at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
- The Claydon Wing is located towards the back of the site, past the main A&E entrance.
- Please follow on site signage to the entrance at the back of the building.
- After entering the Claydon Wing please use the lift to access our birth centre and labour ward floors.
- There is a short stay drop off area outside of the Claydon Wing entrance (visitor parking is available in nearby in car park C).
- You’ll find information on getting to the hospital and a map of the site on our Stoke Mandeville Hospital page.