Aylesbury Birth Centre
If you are expecting an uncomplicated labour and birth you can choose to have your baby at Aylesbury Birth Centre.
Your care team
Your pregnancy and postnatal care will be provided by your community midwifery and community team.
Your care during labour and birth will be provided one of the birth centre midwives who will provide personalised care for you and your baby.
You will be invited to the birth centre for your 36, 40 and 41 week appointments to give you the opportunity to meet the birth centre midwives and discuss your birth plan and birth choices with them.
Birth centre facilities
Aylesbury birth centre offers you the reassurance of having all the necessary support on hand during labour and birth as well as a comfortable and homely environment with the latest birthing aids available.
All rooms are en-suite and have adjustable lighting and heating to enable you to be as relaxed as possible. The centre has access to aromatherapy oils, CD players, birthing balls, cushioned mats and birthing stools to help you be as comfortable as possible throughout your labour and birth.
Birthing pools are available for you to use during labour and all our midwives are fully trained in water births should you choose to remain in water when you have your baby.
Women who choose to have their baby at a birth centre are less likely to have intervention during labour and report a greater satisfaction with the care that they receive.
If either you or your baby require additional monitoring, your midwife will transfer you to our main labour ward where your care will continue.
Aylesbury birth centre, Claydon Wing, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Mandeville Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP21 8AL
Tel: 01296 316101
How to find us
- Aylesbury Birth Centre is located in the Claydon Wing at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
- The Claydon Wing is located towards the back of the site, past the main A&E entrance.
- Please follow on site signage to the entrance at the back of the building.
- After entering the Claydon Wing please use the lift to access our birth centre and labour ward floors.
- There is a short stay drop off area outside of the Claydon Wing entrance (visitor parking is available in nearby in car park C).
- You’ll find information on getting to the hospital and a map of the site on our Stoke Mandeville Hospital page.