Support with breastfeeding
- Baby friendly - The Baby Friendly Initiative is a worldwide programme of the World Health Organization and UNICEF.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline- A telephone support service provided by mums who have experience of breastfeeding and are able to offer information and support.
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers - Providing information about breastfeeding that can be accessed for free or purchased as leaflets.
- La Leche League - Offering friendly mother-to-mother breastfeeding support from pregnancy through to weaning.
Support for Dads
- Fatherhood institute - The Fatherhood Institute’s vision is a society that gives all children a strong and positive relationship with their father and any father-figures.
- New Dads Survival Guide - A guide for new dads written by dads who have experienced life with a newborn baby.
- Dads Info - An information website for dads provided by the Family Matters Institute (FMI), a national charity with a mission to radically enhance family life and relationships, and the value society places on the family across the UK.
- MANtenatal – A virtual course (designed and delivered by dads, approved by NHS midwives) that you can do from the comfort of your own home.
Other support for families
- Bliss – Where families can talk to one another about having a premature or sick baby, share information and provide support.
- Childrens Centre in Buckinghamshire - Details of where your local childrens centre is located and what they have to offer for your antenatal and postnatal period.
- Citizens Advice - Helping people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.
- Cry-sis - Offers support for families with excessively crying, sleepless and demanding babies.
- Buckinghamshire Family Information Service – Offers free, impartial information to families with children aged 0 to 19 years (or up to 25 years with a special educational need or disability), young people and professionals.
- Family Rights Group - A charity in England and Wales that advises families whose children are involved with or need children’s services because of welfare needs or concerns.
- Gingerbread - Expert advice, practical support and campaign for single parents.
- Home Start - Helping families with young children deal with whatever life throws at them. They support parents as they learn to cope, improve their confidence and build better lives for their children.
- Marlow Twins Club - A friendly and welcoming support network for bumps, babies and toddlers. With lots of fun, interaction and toys for the little ones and plenty of reassurance, chat and hot drinks for the grown-ups.
- One Plus One – Becoming a parent is a life changing transition for both men and women and many struggle with the changes that a baby brings, both practically and emotionally. Though one of the toughest times for couples in many ways, the transition to parenthood is a time when couples are motivated to strengthen their relationship – they often just need a little help and support.
- One Space- Supporting parents dealing with poverty and isolation, includes different cultures and backgrounds.
- Relationship Support and Advice – Relate offers advice, relationship counselling, sex therapy, workshops, mediation, consultations and support face-to-face, by phone and through this website.
- Working Families - A charity that helps parents to balance work and family life and supports parents’ employment rights.
- Early pregnancy loss support group - An informal support group for those who have lost in early pregnancy.
Held on the 1st Tuesday of every month, from 7 – 8.30pm in the Claydon Wing Annexe, Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
For more information, contact Rebecca on 01296 316469 or just drop in to the session.
- SANDS – Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity. Sands is an organisation which can offer you support when your baby dies during pregnancy or after birth.
- Lullaby Trust - This cot death charity provides information and support.
- ARC - ARC provides non-directive support and information to expectant and bereaved parents throughout and after the antenatal screening and testing process
Domestic Violence and abuse support
- Women’s Aid - Women’s Aid is a national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children. They support a network of over 500 domestic and sexual violence services across the UK.
- Refuge – Refuge’s network of safe houses provides emergency accommodation for women and children when they are most in need.
- Men’s Advice Line - A confidential helpline for men experiencing domestic violence from a partner or ex-partner (or from other family members).